Saturday 8 September 2012

Flat tire/tyre

Its Saturday, it means sleep till late, get up, have tea, go to the living room, sit on the couch, get up go to the bed room, free fall on the bed, get up in an hour, repeat the routine. By lunch time when you start feeling hungry take your car go to market buy chicken and chips, come back, watch BBC Sherlock and enjoy the lunch. This is not the Sheldonian calender. It is what most of me do. But as we all have known, this is not a perfect world and I got to face the reality the harder way.

I was coming back from the market after buying my ritualistic lunch when I felt strange vibrations. My eighth sense told me something is wrong but I thought I will look into it once I am home. Reached home and I saw the horror. One of my car's tire/tyre was flat. Damn it. My first flat.

Look up the internet how to change the flat tire. Its easy. Looking up the internet not changing the tire. Instructions for changing tire:

1) Put the jack a**
2) Remove the thing which used to look like the tire
3) Put the thing which still looks like tire
4) Remove the jack a**

Not too bad. Easy to follow. One question though. Where do I find the jack? Ohh its in the boot of the car. And see what else I found, its the new tire. Wait a min, it says temporary fix. Ok we will worry about it tomorrow.

Next problem, where do I put the jack. It took me almost 30 mins to find out the right spot. Lifted the car. Started unscrewing the tire. Damn it, I have to do it while the tire is on the ground. Lower the car, unscrew the tire (not fully though), lift the car, remove the flat tire, put the fresh tire (the temporary fix) and voila we are ready to rock.

Its already half past four in the evening. If I wait little longer I might straight go for dinner. All the glorious plans are ruined. No Sherlock, no coffee at the corner cafe, no searching for latest trailers on youtube. But I guess this is the lesson for the life. Never change your own flat tires.

Shabba Khair

Sandeep K Goyal

No comments:

Post a Comment